Hiding and showing camp info
Creepy Crawly Safari
Dates & Locations
Our most popular camp for younger kids
|June 6th-10th||9:00am - 12:00pm||Monday - Friday||Sonderman Park||Available|
|July 11th-15th||9:00am - 12:00pm||Monday - Friday||Sonderman Park||Available|
(Scroll right to see the full table)
Frequently Asked Questions
June 6-10 and July 11-15: Drop off is at 9:00 AM and pick up is at noon at Catamount Institute, 740 W Caramillo St, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Our camp staff will be busy preparing for camp in the mornings so we kindly ask you do not bring your child any earlier than 9am.
- A snack and a water bottle
- Any and all medications the campers may need in their original containers with prescriber notes (see additional information in faq question below and in registration forms).
- Campers will be outside the whole time at camp so we recommend they put sunscreen on in the morning before camp (we cannot provide sunscreen).
- Wear or bring a brimmed hat, rain jacket, and tennis shoes or hiking boots.
- Clothing you don’t mind getting wet and muddy as campers will be outside exploring where creepy crawly things live.
- Sometimes an extra pair of socks can come in handy as well.
- A daypack (small backpack) to carry all belongings in.
All employed by Catamount Institute have passed background checks through the state of Colorado. They also go through the application, interview, and reference check process. All are trained in CPR and First Aid with some having higher certifications such as Wilderness First Responder. All summer employees go through an extensive week-long training before campers arrive. Instructors have a very diverse professional background ranging from environmental education to outdoor recreation. They all have experience with and a passion for working with children and connecting kids to the outdoors!
Most of our camp experiences have a 5:1 camper-to-staff ratio with none of them exceeding 8:1.
Early bird pricing is available until 3/31. Sibling discounts are available and will automatically be applied when more than one child is registered and is $10 off each registration. Limited need-based scholarships are available click here for the application.
Please pack any and all medications the campers may need in their original containers with prescriber notes. Make sure their name is clearly printed on the medication and instructions of use are included. Check all medications into camp upon arrival.
At Catamount Institute, we strive to create programs that are enjoyable for as many children as possible. The health and safety of our campers are our top priorities in everything that we do. Due to this, there are some limitations of our program and its staff. We are not able to provide a one-on-one attendant to address a camper’s individual personal needs. We are also not able to accommodate some medical/health conditions that are beyond the scope of our staff’s medical training. Before enrolling a child with any special needs, please contact us to discuss potential accommodations. Our goal is to make camp an equal opportunity for all.