Work with us!
Generation Wild Coordinator
Share your passion for the outdoors with the next generation of youth. Help lead Generation Wild of the Pikes Peak region. implementing outdoor programs for Southeast Colorado Springs!
We are seeking applicants
Join the team today!
Generation Wild Coordinator
Primary responsibilities will be to work with the Executive Director to promote and market Generation Wild Pikes Peak programs; getting more kids and families outdoors and connected to coalition members; building relationships to strengthen the coalition and brand ensuring opportunities and programs are full; driving community engagement, and identifying opportunities for program providers to support community-identified and culturally relevant needs
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experience in community outreach, partnership building, and marketing
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders; can respond to and reflect on cultural disparities.
- Working knowledge of business applications for Google (Gmail & Drive), Dropbox, Windows, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in non-standard workplaces, including outdoors
- Ability to often work evening, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate programs and representing the organization at public events
- Demonstrates creativity, enthusiasm, maturity, initiative, sense of humor, flexibility, team spirit, and commitment to the mission
- Ability to travel between facilities and outside office activities using a private vehicle, as needed
- Be able to lift up to 50# for equipment and supplies for events and other needs and to move around facilities freely
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting
- Be able to verbalize thoughts, speak, hear and write clearly and communicate with others in person, by email, and by phone
- Promote outdoor programming for the Generation Wild Coalition Partners in Southeast Colorado Springs
- Create and lead Generation Wild of the Pikes Peak Region-specific programming (Pop-up play, outdoor fun days, trips to state parks, and more!)
- Coordinate community events to activate Generation Wild coalition and spaces (Beach house at Prospect Lake, Fountain Bike Park, Panorama Park, and more)
- Work with Catamount Institute Executive Director to develop communication and marketing plan using graphics, videos, and testimonials collected.
- Develop strategies to grow the presence of Generation Wild in Southeast Colorado Springs and beyond.
- Lead a steering committee of local community members at bi-monthly/monthly meetings.
- Attend programs to collect photos, video, and stories
- Seek speaking opportunities at local schools and community events to promote coalition activities and program opportunities
- Use Catamount Institute’s current programs as stepping stones to building larger relationships to K-12 schools
- Work with and lead a youth coalition to assist in outreach and feedback
- Contribute to additional goals as identified by the coalition
- Attend trainings and seminars as directed to maintain or attain relevant knowledge and certifications needed to support the educational programs
- Support Executive Director and other Catamount Institute staff as needed and directed
This is a full-time 40-hour/week, non-exempt position – Reports to Executive Director
Overtime must be pre-approved by Executive Director
Salary $32,000-$34,000 based on experience
Monthly health stipend. Life Insurance (100% Employer Paid)
Vacation, holidays, and sick time off
Flexible working schedule and telecommuting options
Background check required
No phone calls please. Email email@example.com for questions.