Catamount Institute is a non-profit organization based in Colorado Springs, CO, whose mission is to develop ecological stewards through education and adventure.From School Rooms to Board Rooms, we create a vibrant community, where each of us takes responsibility for our actions and business leaders engage in practices that respect our natural resources, give back to the community, and positively affect the bottom line. Our children experience the wonders of the outdoors firsthand, while developing life skills that will serve society, as well as themselves. .
The heart of our organization is our outdoor education and adventure programs for kids and adults. Click here to find out more about our group field trips, afterschool clubs, and camps!
Colorado Springs is a great place for green businesses. Click here for resources to help your business and to learn about our Sustainable Business events.
Colorado Sustainability Conference
Each year hundreds of attendees learn the latest news and technologies in the sustainability sector, including government, businesses and military.
Why is outdoor education
- Longer attention spans
- More creativity
- Higher levels of self-confidence
- Higher standardized test scores
- Greater academic success
- Significant improvements in cognitive development, self-discipline, imaginative and creative expression, language skills, and social interactions
- August 3, 2015Dirt Camp - Ages 10-12
- August 3, 2015Wildfire Service Camp - Ages 13-15
- August 10, 2015Creepy Crawly Safari - Teller County - Ages 6-8
- August 10, 2015Outdoor Explorers - Teller County - Ages 9-11