Catamount Institute is a non-profit organization based in Colorado Springs, CO, whose mission is to develop ecological stewards through education and adventure.From School Rooms to Board Rooms, we create a vibrant community, where each of us takes responsibility for our actions and business leaders engage in practices that respect our natural resources, give back to the community, and positively affect the bottom line. Our children experience the wonders of the outdoors firsthand, while developing life skills that will serve society, as well as themselves. .
The heart of our organization is our outdoor education and adventure programs for kids and adults. Click here to find out more about our group field trips, afterschool clubs, and camps!
Colorado Springs is a great place for green businesses. Click here for resources to help your business and to learn about our Sustainable Business events.
Colorado Sustainability Conference
Each year hundreds of attendees learn the latest news and technologies in the sustainability sector, including government, businesses and military.
Why is outdoor education
- Longer attention spans
- More creativity
- Higher levels of self-confidence
- Higher standardized test scores
- Greater academic success
- Significant improvements in cognitive development, self-discipline, imaginative and creative expression, language skills, and social interactions
- September 13, 2014Local Food Week
- September 20, 2014Benefit Concert at Gold Hill Mesa
- September 24, 2014 9:00 amField Trip - Team Building and Orienteering
- September 27, 2014Benefit Concert at Gold Hill Mesa
- September 27, 2014YES Club Fly Fishing Day