Catamount Institute is a non-profit organization based in Colorado Springs, CO, whose mission is to develop ecological stewards through education and adventure.From School Rooms to Board Rooms, we create a vibrant community, where each of us takes responsibility for our actions and business leaders engage in practices that respect our natural resources, give back to the community, and positively affect the bottom line. Our children experience the wonders of the outdoors firsthand, while developing life skills that will serve society, as well as themselves. .
The heart of our organization is our outdoor education and adventure programs for kids and adults. Click here to find out more about our group field trips, afterschool clubs, and camps!
Colorado Springs is a great place for green businesses. Click here for resources to help your business and to learn about our Sustainable Business events.
Colorado Sustainability Conference
Each year hundreds of attendees learn the latest news and technologies in the sustainability sector, including government, businesses and military.
Why is outdoor education
- Longer attention spans
- More creativity
- Higher levels of self-confidence
- Higher standardized test scores
- Greater academic success
- Significant improvements in cognitive development, self-discipline, imaginative and creative expression, language skills, and social interactions
- February 11, 2015Sustainability Breakfast
- February 14, 2015 9:00 amBackyard Bird Count
- February 14, 2015 10:00 am10th annual Bighorn Sheep Day
- February 26, 2015 5:00 pmUSGBC Wintergreen: Campus Evolution & Outcomes
- February 27, 2015 12:00 pmPikes Peak Environmental Forum
- March 23, 2015Snow & Ice Spring Break Camp