Summer Guide Internship
If you are eager to become an environmental educator but need to expand your skill set, the Guide Internship position with Catamount Institute might be the perfect experience and resume booster you need.
If you are eager to become an environmental educator but need to expand your skill set, the Guide Internship position with Catamount Institute might be the perfect experience and resume booster you need. Gain valuable, hands-on experience, strengthening your skills teaching youth, working in the outdoors, and in wilderness medicine certifications like CPR, First Aid, WFA, or WFR. Guide Internships are designed to build your skills as you co-lead summer camp adventures with our professional outdoor educators and licensed classroom teachers in a fun environment.
- Teach, live, and work with campers ages 5-15 as an Environmental Educator at camps ranging from half-day to week long residential experiences
- Teach lessons and activities from prepared lesson plans
- Possibly transporting students as needed in CI supplied vehicles (15 passenger vans), covered by CI insurance if eligible with a clean driving record
- Responsibility for shared cooking and cleaning duties for camp overnights and student supervision at meals (on a rotating basis)
- Attend staff meetings, planning sessions, and trainings as needed
- Write a portion of Catamount Institute’s end of summer wrap up report
- Support all staff and organization activities as needed
- Flexibility in response to current and emergency situations and to shifts in camp responsibilities
You must have housing in the Colorado Springs area. We only provide overnight accommodations during our overnight camp’s (8 nights total).
You must be available to work Tuesday, June 1st – Wednesday, August 11th with weekends and a half-week (July 5th-7th) off.
Apply online today!
Click the button below to fill out the online application for the Guide Internship.